Meet the Author

Thursday, July 14, 2011

An Intern Perspective: Part I

So I've officially been a Communications intern at Johnson & Johnson Corporate Headquarters for exactly a week and two days now!  Hard to believe how a week and a half can fly by so quickly!  This internship is the first one I have ever completed where I can truly say I'm in a "work environment" of which I belong.  Everyone in the Communications department is a lover of writing, a genuinely nice person, and they all seem to have a love of self expression and creativity.  The department I feel could almost be divided into two parts, Public Relations being one part and Video Communications encompassing the other.  For example, the Public Relations part involves those that draft press releases, run the social media accounts like twitter, etc, and anyone that helps prepare speeches for someone of corporate importance.  The PR people are the ones that write the stories, handle all company internal/external communications, and get publicity and focus on improving J&J's reputation through various forms of social media.  The Video Communications side of the department handles the health channel, JnJHealth, and produces a wide array of videos.  Types of creative minds that work in this sector are producers, editors, and anyone who has an influence on film.  They're job is to promote Johnson & Johnson as a strong company focused on health care and patients through the creative expression of video and live performance.  I feel that both of these departments are places where I could see myself fitting in.  Currently, I'm more so involved in the Video Communications side to things though I find myself doing Public Relations related tasks.  I'm itching for opportunities to write and to be on camera!  Hopefully within the next few weeks I can make my debut to the writing side of the J&J communications department!  Here's hoping, fingers crossed for luck :o)

No comments: