Meet the Author

Monday, July 25, 2011

Heat Wave Adventures

Air conditioners are blasting, brows are sweating, and people find themselves racing from car to building in the hopes of avoiding the weather.  Recently, our nation was in the heat wave of all heatwaves resulting in overly sweaty runs and over worked air conditioners.  On Saturday night, I went out with a friend to get dinner and see a movie.  Upon returning to my place, we were standing out on my pitch black front porch as I scrambled to get my key out.  The current sublet owner of five keys to get into my place, you would assume that I would place them on a lanyard...wrong.  I dragged out the one key and accidentally dropped it onto the light less porch.  My friend accidentally kicked it, resulting in it cascading to its death under a well fenced in porch.  Mistake numero uno, ALWAYS PLACE YOUR KEYS ON LANYARDS.  Filled in frustration, we proceeded inside and went into my bedroom the only air conditioned room in the joint.  I knew it was exceedingly hot out, so I felt turning up the AC would help ease how hard the machine was working.  Sure enough after turning up the temperature one degree, the air conditioner tanked resulting in mistake number 2.  IF YOUR AC IS WORKING AND IT'S OVER 100 DEGREES OUT DO NOT MESS WITH IT!  Leave her alone, and let her do her magic as she ensures your place remains cool.  That night I attempted to sleep in a 90 degree + room, and it was a major FAIL.  Thank god for good friends like Jackie Helfgott, who was my savior that night. 
 I called the poor girl at 2 A.M. and she offered me an air conditioned room to sleep in, and even an invitation to go to the Jersey shore the following day! If that's not a good friend, than I don't know what is, end of story.  The next day I returned from the beach, and my AC decided she wanted to live again!  I'm not sure how this happened, but all I can say is after that experience I thank the Lord every day for air conditioning...

No comments: